Friday, June 27, 2008

Rose's "Firsts"

First time in the bouncy thing that hangs from the door (does it have a name?)



First tomato from our garden...



(...and probably one of the last, too. Our crop isn't looking so hot. I think I over-seeded and the plants are crowding each other out for nutrients.)

Another "first" for which I do not have a picture is Rose's first encounter with a spider! Yesterday I saw one crawling on her as she awoke from her nap. She was totally nonchalant, but it scared me to death!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Did she like the door bouncer thing? They look fun.

TnD said...

Maybe it's the 110 plus temps that are killing your tomatoes. I'm wilting just thinking about it.

Chrissie said...

That's probably a major culprit...uggh!

Chrissie said...

Laura, she did seem rather amused by the bouncer. I'm sure she'll like it even more once her motor skills become better developed.

Dawn said...

It's a Johnny Jumper! Those look so fun! We lived in a house without proper door jambs when my 8 month old was about your baby's age, so we went with the stationary jumper - the Rainforest Jumperoo, and she loves it. Sometimes I worry they're going to shake their little brains with how they get going, but most babies just LOVE the jumpers! LOL

I agree, it's so hot for growing tomatoes...I bet the one you got was DELICIOUS though, home-grown tomatoes are the best tasting!

Shevaun said...

I love johnny jump ups! Rose is getting so big. She's adorable. Give me a call sometime and we can catch up!