Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Glimpse at the Past

I was just looking through some old photos and started to wax nostalgic. There are so many cute ones to share, but for this post I'll focus on Sevak's and my courtship/engagement.

This is Sevak in his younger years. Just look at that schoolboy gleam in his eye.



Here we are on one of our first dates. I remember my heart being all aflutter during this shot. Also, you'll notice that the tips of my hair were pink--I decided to be a little rebellious and give some temporary hair dye a try!



I hope Sevak doesn't mind me disclosing that the pants he's wearing in the following picture are actually mine--he was wearing nice slacks but didn't want to get them dirty (and his house was far away), so this was the solution we came up with. This was the first and last time he's ever donned an article of female clothing. Also, instead of a snowman, we made a snowwoman--notice the bun atop her head.



This was in my apartment at a surprise party I threw for Sevak. Which reminds me...I used to throw a lot of parties at that place. Those were fun (thanks for accommodating, former roommates!)



Here's a pic from another one of my parties--this was an Armenian one complete with dancing in our 10' x 10' living room!



I wasn't lying.



This was a rejected engagement photo.



This was rejected, too.



Thank HEAVENS this was rejected--talk about corny!



This was the winner.



Well, now we are all sufficiently nostalgicized (made-up word). Hope you enjoyed taking a walk down my memory lane!

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

Cute! I miss you.

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

To my defense about wearing Chrissie's pants: a. they were pretty much like boy pants, b. they were too large on Chrissie, hence great for me (well okay a little tight) and c. I had no other choice:)
Love ya!

Julia and Aaron said...

That was fun! It's crazy how fast time passes and how much you can change in just a few years! Thanks for sharing:)!

Lisa and Mark said...

I love that you got to marry an Armenian guy! I mean, what are the odds of finding an Armenian at BYU when YOU'RE Armenian??? Very lucky..

Lisa and Mark said...

Oh yes. We extract DNA in OUR YW's. This is SF girlfriend! The YW Prez is a world-renowned scientist (as is her husband, who taught us how to extract the DNA). The last YW presidency had two lawyers and other professionals. We do some pretty cool stuff. Just wait til we post the DNA crime investigation that we'll be doing in a few months!

Meredith said...

Looks like you two had/have a lot of fun. I enjoyed the pictures!