I was just sitting on the couch reading a book as Rose lay sound asleep in her room. However, her lullaby CD was playing, and I accidentally let track 7 run (I've written about this in former posts--that particular tune always makes her cry)! Well, I ran into her room as soon as I heard the song start, but I was too late--she woke up and began crying! I am TOTALLY baffled as to how Brahm's Lullaby could make my little one so malcontent (and furthermore, how it could arouse her from a seemingly sound sleep). I hope that when she begins talking, she'll still remember this and be able to explain it to me.
Rose has had a couple of reasons to cry as of late, the first of which was some weird eye infection (she actually didn't cry, though--what a trooper!). Her right eye was really watery and had goopy sleep in it the whole day. I ended up putting some breastmilk in it (I've heard how its antibodies have various healing functions), and voila! Her eye is better. I know my great grandmother Ozanna would be pleased to hear this, because when my grandpa was a child with an infected eye, Ozanna's recommended remedy was a skirt of breastmilk. Others poo-pooed that idea, but mothers know best!
Another little problem that Rose had the other night was uncontrollable crying for about half an hour. She's just about 4 months, and I know it's kind of early for teething, but I think that a little incoming tooth just might have caused her discomfort. All I know is that when we put a drop of baby orajel on her lower gums, she quieted down. She's also been sticking her hands in her mouth non-stop, sometimes both at once. Today she has been fine, so maybe last night's crying wasn't teething-related and will just remain a mystery.
No comments:
Post a Comment