Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family & Fun

Last week my family came out for vacation and to help my sister move into her apartment. We had a great time. Here are some pics:


The grandparents with the "tiny little baby," as my dad likes to call her. :)


Us girls (My mom, two sisters, Rose, and I) went to the mall. My dear, sweet mom kept insisting on getting me something, so she had me try on this dress that Paige also happened to be trying on. I didn't like it, so she kept pushing things on me right up to the register (and even told the cashier that she wanted to get me something). Haha...I don't mean to make fun...I love you, Mom--you are so generous!


We went to my mom's cousin's house for a delicious meal. We also met up with our other cousins there, so it was a grand family affair. Here are some lovely ladies with cute babies (Jackie, Jackson, Mom, Rose, Nathan, Janelle).


Rose enjoyed meeting her cousin Nathan.


She also appreciated his generosity.


Here's Jackson taking a little nap.

After my family left, we started attending MBA events. First we went to one of Sevak's teammates' home for dinner. That's where Rose met her friend Elle, who's just one month older than Rose is. Here's a pic of the two:



Last night we went to an MBA "BBQ Bash." It was quite yummy and they had fun blow-up entertainment centers for the kids. Unfortunately, Rose was too little to enjoy those (much to my dismay--I would have liked an excuse to climb on one and start jumping around!).


This is a picture of Sevak's team, or study group (minus Carrie). Oh, by the way, the kids and wives aren't officially part of the "team," but we're in the pic anyway (hey, we play a big role!).

Here's a pic which includes Carrie:


...but I much prefer Rose's expression in this one:

(her shirt says "Future MBA"--cute, huh?)

Anyway, those were some of the things we've been up to. It honestly feels like we've been on vacation for a couple of months. I mean, just scroll through my posts--does it look like we've been doing a shred of work? :) I guess the break wasn't too unusual for me--I've been on one ever since Rose was born. However, it is nice that Sevak got to join us for a couple of months. It's back to school for both of us now! I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm going to be taking a couple of classes, too. Hopefully my blog won't suffer (or my sanity).

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Chris, truth be told, I never really liked those blue dresses! I'm glad you didn't want one because I thought they looked a little "late 70s/early 80s" ;) Next time I'm in Provo, though, I demand more than 30 minutes in the mall...that was pretty sad! hehe

Laura said...

That part about Aunt Robin wanting to buy you something made me laugh. It reminds me of grandma putting just one more scope full of food on our plates during the holidays. Generosity is definitely an O'Rullian family trait. Your mom is so cute.

the harrisons said...

I love the pic of rose and elle! so cute!

Shevaun said...

Good luck with your classes! How are the curtains coming?