I just ran my first 5k today. It was free, so I thought, "what the heck." I wasn't nervous until I got to the site--there were a lot of people with fancy running clothes and timing watches. That's when I realized I probably should have prepared (e.g. gone on some runs greater-than-or-equal-to 2 miles beforehand) [I thought dance aerobics counted]. I was also all alone, so I just kind of nervously stood there in this crowd of athletic-looking people. It's okay though--I didn't show my weakness: I stretched like a pro and put on my game face.
The run itself was pretty good. I got a little nauseous at the end, but made it to the finish line in 24 min, 55 sec. I think that translates into about 8-minute miles. That might not necessarily be the bomb, but my endorphins convinced me otherwise. I'm just thrilled that I participated in and finished a real race! Sevak and Rose were there to greet me at the end (along with some chocolate-chip muffins...post-race food of champions). Yahoo!
1 comment:
Chrissie! Hi! a blog! yes!
I'm proud of your run. and impressed with your time. I have been thinking of taking up running. even though I hate it. My friend told me that maybe if I had a goal, it would be better. so I am thinking of making it a goal to run a 10k in a certain time... once I figure out what a reasonable time goal is. so any tips on how to not hate running?
I love your baby and your couches.
Post a Comment