It feels like it's been a while since I've blogged, but I don't really know what to say. I guess I'll just start with the basic updates.
As you may know, every Tuesday and Thursday I leave Rose with a friend for a couple of hours while I'm in class. Lately I've been spending more and more time away from Rose. A few nights ago I attended an "Etiquette Dinner" put on by the MBASA. Sevak was kind enough to babysit, despite his heavy homework load. The whole night I had visions of Rose screaming her head off and Sevak frantically trying to get her to sleep. As I pulled into our parking spot, it was approaching 9:30 and I was majorly concerned. However, when I opened the door to the apartment, all I heard was silence. Rose was sound asleep, and apparently went down fairly easily. Good job, Sevak (just so you know, Sevak always does a good job with Rose; I just get nervous during the evening hours because she usually wants me to nurse her to sleep)!
This morning Sevak and I went on our third "date" since Rose was born (the first was to a movie in my parents' town; the second was to an MBA "Mocktail Party"). Today we attended the temple. It was wonderful to be there, and we are extremely grateful to our friend Jillian who volunteered to babysit (we didn't even have to ask)!
Finally, this afternoon I spent an hour or so away from Rose so I could take a test. I know; woo-hoo--what a get-away. The good news is, I think I pretty much kicked French phonetics' butt. Monday I'll also be spending a little bit of time away from Rose as I take the oral portion of the exam.
Rose had a VERY fitful sleep last night (consequently, so did I). I think the poor thing had had a rough day. Not only did she have to endure through 1.5 hours of exercise classes in the morning (did I mention I've been teaching yoga & bellydance every Friday?), she had to go with me to campus for a review session in the afternoon. And THEN she waited around on campus for Daddy to get done so we could all go to Fuddruckers and Bed, Bath & Beyond. The little dear is taking a long nap right now.
Well, that's about all. If you've made it through this post without falling asleep, you're either my mom or have a really boring life yourself. Haha--just kidding! Thanks for reading!
4 comments:
Dang, I guess I must have the boring life! Ha, ha.
I could've gone through another six or seven paragraphs without getting bored! ;) Thanks for the update. Hmmm, "kicking French phonetics' butt"? I like the imagery of that.
Well--it's a heck of a lot more interesting than this Organizational Behavior textbook I'm pretending to be studying right now! haha. I ALWAYS love your blogs, Chrissie!
When do you teach yoga on Friday's? I want to go. I also think your bellydancing should be the focal point of our next family get together.
Post a Comment