1. I have control issues when it comes to food. If there's going to be a special meal during the day or we're going out to eat, I need to know all the details: time, type of food, etc. This is so I can prepare my "hunger level" accordingly. I also like to control Sevak's hunger level and frequently ask him, "are you going to be hungry for dinner?"
2. I like to de-clutter...a lot. I love selling unwanted items on craigslist or taking them to consignment stores. I also like to use samples as soon as possible so I don't have a bunch of little random packets all around (Lately I've been shampooing with hotel shampoo so as to de-clutter my bathroom supplies box). I like to consolidate leftovers. The list goes on.
3. I'll eat meat, but I don't like to prepare it. My favorite meat recipes are ones where I can just open the package of meat and throw it into the pan to brown. I don't like ones where you have to form patties with the meat, wrap bacon around it, tie it, cut it, rub herbs into it, etc. I've gotten a lot better, but I used to have Sevak do that kind of stuff for me.
4. I don't pay a lot of attention to my hair. Maybe you could have guessed by my remark about using hotel shampoo. I don't own any hairdryers, curling irons or straightening irons. I was trying to think back to the last time I got a haircut, and I thought it was August of '07. However, I remember that my mom took me to get my hair cut a little while after Rose was born--maybe like May '08. One time I even had Sevak cut my hair.
5. I look forward to peanuts and tomato juice whenever I take a flight. Sevak reminded me of this one. One time the airline gave pretzels instead of peanuts, and I was sorely disappointed. On the flight I recently took to California I was alone with Rose, but I still managed to drink my tomato juice. I asked for a can so it would be easier to manage with one hand.
6. I'm a nervous Nellie. Sevak also reminded me of this one. Where do I begin?
Let's start with Rose. I get nervous when she whines in the backseat. I sing to her all the way to our destination and breathe a sigh of relief when I can finally take her out of her car seat. I also get nervous when she whines at home. I usually immediately stop whatever task I'm doing to attend to her. And of course, I always rush to pick her up from the babysitter as soon as I'm done with class.
Driving: Sometimes I hold my hand in a "stop" position as Sevak approaches a red light or try to control other aspects of his driving.
Sleeping: I get really nervous when I don't get enough sleep. You can only imagine how often that is with a 7 month-old. I try to go to bed as early as possible. I rarely make it to 11, and if I do, I feel like I just pulled a stunt only partying sorority girls would do. :)
6 comments:
I completely agree with you on the peanuts. I took a flight once and they gave me pretzels and I wanted to cry. Now I bring peanuts with me just in case!
I need to take a cue from you, Chrissie, and get into some major de-cluttering of my own house. Next time you're here I'm going to give you a big bag of hotel shampoos I've collected through the years. . .I think some even date back to the 90s! (I know, that's totally insane I still have 'em!) After that, we'll make some meatloaf and kufta and relax with a nice cold V-8 or tomato juice! I love you, you little knucklehead!
It's funny to see our similarities through our blogs. Andy has cut my hair several times, including a few weeks ago. I don't like preparing meat, even though I do it anyways...(I still can't get the chickens clucking or the cow mooing out of my head...) I am also a very detailed meal planner and am a front seat driver. (Sometimes I turn my screams into coughs when nothing happens.) I feel like Nacho Libre now when he tells the girl that her favorite things are his favorite things.:) Thanks 4 the laugh cuz.
Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm glad to know there are others like me. After I read my post, I started thinking I might have a little bit of OCD. ;)
hahhaha!! you're shampooing with hotel shampoo?? oh, christina... that means TWO things. for one: you actually brought it home and created a pile, and two: you are using it continually to declutter. that makes me laugh. i can't use hotel shampoo because it makes my hair IMPOSSIBLE to brush.
Chrissie,
You are awesome! I've been reading your blog via google reader, but I decided it was time to comment so that you would know I'm reading! :)
As for your quirks, I have #2 as well. For me, it reached epic status the other day when I was organizing my pantry. I like to re-use clear glass jars (from salsa, spaghetti sauce, etc.) and I was switching the contents to try and find one that fit all my items (dry beans, nuts, soup mix, etc.) I was using the funnel and spent quite a long time just moving the contents of jars around and around! :)
Love and hugs,
Bethany
p.s. my violin is busted, and I looked up a luthier to have it fixed, but... at stake conference there was this amazing cello solo, so I'm thinking of trading it in for a cello (and obviously paying the difference). Should I do it?!?!
Post a Comment