Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year we had Thanksgiving with Sevak's family (and their family) (and their family's friends). Yeah, there were a lot of people--which is why we had Thanksgiving at our stake center. And let me tell you--it was da bomb!


Here's a bit of the set-up


Here's Anjella putting the finishing touches on her beautiful trifles. That woman can cook!

Here are my contributions to the meal, all homemade, thank you very much (first time making yeast rolls; don't judge):




Other memorable dishes include: sweet potato crunch, green bean casserole, mashed red skin potatoes, gravy, sweet corn, frog eye salad, and Papa D's famous twelve-layer jello (delicious and visually stunning, as well). And of course, the desserts. It seemed as if the dessert table was just as overflowing as the "real food" table.


Rose entertained herself with a plastic cup, as usual

After gorging ourselves we still had massive amounts of leftovers. We let everything digest whilst playing games. I was at the "Curses!" table. I had never played that game before, but I became a fan very quickly. I mean, what other game allows you to simultaneously talk like a vampire on a CB radio while getting electrocuted and proclaiming your love for another player? (Jill, you were awesome)


Here's the game


This was the turkey I colored

So, Thanksgiving was great, and I truly am thankful. I'm thankful for good family and friends, for the comfortable life I enjoy, for my country, and for the gospel. There is so much to be thankful for. It just makes me want to say, "thanks!"

4 comments:

David Hacking said...

That was quick post. Thanks so much for hosting the event at the Stake Center. It made all the difference int eh world and Sevak even won Acquire.

PapaD

Lisa and Mark said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE rolls. That's pretty much all I eat every Thanksgiving. I went to my in-laws this Thanksgiving and they had SOURDOUGH rolls. YUCK! I wish I could have had some of yours. :(

Anjella said...

That was so fun! Thanks again for all your did. Your food was so YUMMY!!! And it was fun playing curses with everyone. I'm so glad you are part of our family girly!

Anjella said...

I forgot to do the big "Thankful Turkey" this year, didn't I?