I made eclairs. I used a recipe from Rachel Ray, but filled the pastries with cream that I whipped and sweetened with sugar. Also, the frosting is my own concoction of semi-sweet chocolate chips and cream. Not the prettiest picture, but they tasted good.
Rose loves playing with friends. She doesn't "play," per se, but somehow she's just more content when there's another little body near her.
A couple nights ago we went to a ward Valentine's party and Rose loved playing with the balloons. When the party started getting underway, we took her into the nursery to play with the other kids. She did fine, but broke down at the end when some of the others started crying. She had had a rough day...in the morning we also took her to the nursery so that we could participate in a ward temple trip, but she was the only kid and was not fond of being alone with three big, unfamiliar adults (later, another baby showed up, so hopefully it put her at ease). She also got a bad nap that day because I had to do a group project. Anyway, poor little dear! She's fine now!
Other Rose news:
She's on the verge of walking. She can really maneuver her way around the furniture, and occasionally she'll let go and stand a bit.
She loves getting into Daddy's golf balls, which can now be found in every nook and cranny of the house. We brought one to church a little while ago and she played a game of "golf ball soccer" with another crawling girl. It was so funny to watch. There were tons of toys around, but they both just wanted that golf ball. A funny cat-and-mouse chase ensued. Finally a walking toddler came over and grabbed the ball. He eventually handed it back to Rose, but by that time she was interested in a plastic dress-up necklace.
She will clap her hands whenever she accomplishes a task that she deems worthy of praise. The other day she put a ball in Sevak's backpack and clapped, because obviously, that was cool! I think she did it because we always clap when she puts her shapes in her shape organizer. She'll also clap if we say "Good job!"
She has 4 teeth on top and 2.5 on the bottom (one just poked through).
She says "mama" (rarely...grr...), "dada" (most commonly...grr...), and "baba." She'll say "baba" when I ask her if she wants a bottle, and "ba" if she sees a ball. She'll say "dada" when she sees Sevak, and let's just say she's working on the mommy-"mama" association. :) Oh, she'll also say "baba" for "bye-bye" (she'll wave).
That's all, folks!
3 comments:
why do they ALL seem to say daddy first??
Wow, great looking eclairs, Chris! They look like they're destined to be a staple of your repertoire. . .just like Moroccan Chicken! I love Rose's little bottom teeth. I wish my teeth were that white!
What a cute red and pink strawberry outfit on Rose! I can't believe how fast she's growing up and that her 1st birthday is right around the corner!
Post a Comment