Monday, March 2, 2009
Between a Rock and a Hard Place (or a Basket and a Wall, a Bookcase and a Chair, etc.)
Lately a certain scenario keeps repeating itself. This is it: I'll be doing something in the kitchen, and suddenly I'll hear nervous panting sounds coming from the next room. When I enter the room, I find that Rose has gotten herself into a precarious situation--sometimes she's sitting on a high object from which she can't get down (e.g. wire storage units); sometimes she's partially on an object, but can't get up or down due to the fact that she's standing on another unstable object (e.g. torso on a chair, but standing on a wobbly backpack). Sometimes she climbs into something, but gets stuck because she lacks the muscle strength or motor skills to get out (infant car seat, basket, etc.). Here are some pictures of her in the basket, which has become one of her favorite "sticky spots." I snapped these photos before she started making her nervous panting sounds.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's the best Easter basket surprise I've ever seen!
That is PRECIOUS!!! Luckily you're always nearby to come to Rose's rescue. It's easy to visualize her in those "sticky" spots with your impressive imagery, Chrissie! I love the way you write :)
Post a Comment