It's been a while since my last post. Sevak's computer broke so he's been taking mine to campus. Anyway, last weekend our church had
general conference. Sevak had a mission reunion Friday night and translated during many of the Saturday and Sunday conference sessions, so we made a weekend trip to Salt Lake. Usually I'm thrilled to take little vacations and getaways, but after our recent experience, I'm going to stay at home for the next few years or longer. Rose takes the "vacation" out of vacation. I felt sorry for her, though--it must have been hard. First of all, she was kind of getting over that illness she had. Also, it's hard for her to sleep in hotels because (a) her bed is a pack-n-play and (b) we sleep in the same room as she does. Luckily we stayed in a Residence Inn, so the living room was separate from the bedroom (which allowed us the privilege of going to bed later than Rose). However, when we walked in the room to go to bed or to use the bathroom, she woke up. She would also wake up occasionally during the night, and she always woke up super early. But like I said, I don't blame her--I don't get the best sleep in hotels, either. There are just a few more frustrations to vent and then I'll be done. Frustration #1: Since Sevak was translating for many of the sessions, I basically flew solo the whole weekend--with a cranky baby. Frustration #2: The weather was cold and rainy, so there was little opportunity for diversion. Perk #1, with hidden frustration: We did get to eat out together on our way to SLC and during the break between two sessions, but it wasn't the most relaxing experience since Rose loves to climb out of her high chair and throw things on the ground.
Whew--sorry to be such a downer. I
did get to hear some wonderful talks which probably saved me from going completely insane.
Here are some photos:
A rare moment of cooperation at a restaurant
In the Visitor's CenterSo, all in all--Conference was great; the circumstances surrounding it weren't awesome. I
did learn to appreciate my home so much more, though!
2 comments:
I totally hear you. Vacations with little kids are just real life on the road. They still wake up in the night, just more often, they still want to be loud when they're supposed to be quiet. Sometimes it's just easier to stay home. Haha, but I guess it's nice as the mom to get out. Too bad Sevak was so busy the whole time.
That's awesome that Sevak gets to translate for such important things as that. Can't imagine how hard it was to take care of Rose nonstop! Love the photos! So cute!
Post a Comment