Ever since Sunday Rose has not been herself. Yesterday she had a high fever and was inconsolable except when I held her on my lap and watched TV with her. Thus, my day was very mind-numbing. Thankfully Sevak took over when I had class in the late afternoon. Today her fever broke (thank heavens), but she has been even more irritable than yesterday. Around noon she became hysterical, as did I, so I called the doctor and they said they could squeeze her in. At the doctor's office she wriggled and squirmed and would have NOTHING to do with any of his poking and prodding. That's what caused him to remark on her strength. He eventually was able to determine that she had a sore throat. It wasn't strep, so all we can do is wait it out for 3-5 days. I bought some Baby Tylenol, but she wouldn't let me put it in her mouth (imagine that). Well, I did get a tiny bit in, but she immediately spit it out. Right now she's sitting in her crib, whining, hopefully ready to drift off to la-la land. Get well soon, Rose (for all of our sakes)!
Pitiful little thing (yesterday, watching Baby Einstein for the 50th time)
6 comments:
oh i love the picture...
I thoughts kids under the age of 5 couldn't have sore throats... what a bummer deal that they can!
i wish u luck!
ps your face in the picture is the best!
Oh, la pauvre :(! En fait, "la" fait référence à qui? A Rose ou à Chrissie? C'est dommage que ta petite ne se sente pas bien, mais c'est vraiment dommage que tu t'ennuies en restant sur le canapé presque toute la journée! J'espère que tout ira mieux très bientôt. Bon rétablissement, Rose.
She looks so sad!:( Is this the first real time she's been so sick though? My kids had so many colds between 6 months and 1 year. That's pretty impressive if you kept her healthy until now! Sick babies really are miserable, aren't they? I hope you guys are doing better!
Hi Julia! In answer to your question, yes Rose has had little colds every now and then, but this seems to be the first "big" sickness. Her throat seems to be doing better now, although her bowel movements have been a LOT more regular than usual--I sense a bit of diarrhea coming on. Hopefully all these symptoms will clear up for good soon!
oh, man. being a mom is hard. this scares me just reading about it!
get well soon, rose!!
oh friend...sick babies are so hard. let me know if you need anything...we can take the kids on a walk, and keep them locked in their strollers.
Post a Comment