Friday, May 22, 2009

"Oh yes...very good...baby seems to be healthy"

Origin of title quote: When my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister, I would occasionally sit in on her monthly check-ups (I was nine at the time). She had a very nice Korean doctor (not that his ethnicity matters...it just may render the upcoming explanation more amusing). Anyway, one day I decided to do an imitation of this doctor for the family. I pushed different spots of my mom's belly as I said in my best Korean accent, "Oh yes...very good...baby seems to be healthy." For some reason this phrase has stuck with us and we bring it up every now and then to describe the condition of my baby.

So...just in case you were wondering, yes, the baby does seem to be healthy.

For the sake of record-keeping, here are some current pregnancy details, with photographic evidence, to boot.

25 weeks, 3 days

Weight gain (so far): 9 pounds
Stomach bigger at this point of the pregnancy than it was the first time?: YES
Nausea: Non-existent except for when I brush my teeth
Baby's Kicks: Frequent and hard (again, moreso than Rose's kicks [although it could be that I'm more apt to feel them since my uterus is stretchier])
Diet: Plentiful (hungry all the time)
Sleep: Fitful despite the three pillows strategically placed between my knees, behind my back, etc.
Photo:



End of record.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Awww, Chrissie, you look so cute! Nobody, but nobody, could do the impression of that fab doctor like you! He was positively the bomb. Thanks for putting such a smile on my face!

Swati said...

Lookin' good Tubby!! But seriously, you look like the perfect pregnant woman. The actual bump seems to be the only real gain on you. Lovely!

ps. Megan is coming over tomorrow!!!

Lisa and Mark said...

you've only gained 9 lbs so far!!!!! no fair!

Chrissie said...

So far, Lisa--so far. There's still quite a bit of time remaining!