Rose woke up at 5:30 this morning. Not a huge deal, considering she always wakes up at 6:00. However, in addition to waking up a half hour earlier than usual, she also woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What a grump! The only thing that appeases her is Baby Einstein, and we're already on the second run-through. I hate having her watch so much T.V. Oh, also, while we were watching, I tried to move her next to me and she threw a fit. Sorry, Rose; I wasn't aware of the superiority of your spot.
We took Sevak to the airport at 4 a.m. yesterday (he's in New York for a week before we meet him in San Francisco for his internship), and even though Rose made up on her lost sleep, I think her schedule might have been thrown off a bit.
I wish I could go back to bed. Guess it won't be until tonight, since Rose's naptime is also when I have class.
Speaking of sleep, how do I get her to sleep in later than 6:00 on her regular, non-interrupted days? She goes to bed at 6 p.m., and even when I try putting her to bed later, it doesn't seem to do the trick (plus, I am more than ready for her to go to bed at 6).
Well, gotta go--Rose is head-butting my knee. It's not even 8 a.m.--oh joy.
5 comments:
I don't know if you remember or not, but I had a problem with DAvid sleeping through the night and sleeping past 7.... so as soon as he turned one I started him on whole milk and it works like magic... Goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps for 12-14 hours uninterruptedly...
Sometimes he wakes up around 6 or 7 am, I give him some milk and off he goes back to bed. Good luck, I hope she starts cooperating!
I like Lilit's suggestion and will keep it in mind for Symphany. In the meantime, I hope Rose magically got sleepy a little earlier than usual and that somehow you were able to take a break from Baby Einstein and dealing with grumpy fits.
AAAahaha. Rose.
Sorry Rose has been grumpy! If you need a break, call me some afternoon! Seriously! I just stay home and read or craft things for the apartment; I'd love to help out!
Oh the joys of non-sleeping kids. Our trick which we swear by is a fan in their room, and very very thick curtains. That way, they have no idea what time it is when they go to bed. If you need ideas of where to get them, let me know. Good luck!
Post a Comment