Thursday, June 4, 2009

Surprise Shower

This year I have gotten to know and become friends with three amazing women. We're different in some ways, but there's one characteristic we all share--we're mothers. Over the past year we've relied on each other for babysitting and advice, and our kids know they can come up to any one of us and get a snack or a hug. For the past little while we've been going on morning walks together (with the kids, of course), and I've really enjoyed their companionship. Last night we had a girls' night. I arrived at Kathleen's place a couple of minutes before 7:00, and I was kind of surprised to see that everyone was already there. There were a few moments of awkward silence until I glanced over at a pile of presents and heard everyone yell, "surprise!" They had thrown me a little shower! Little Simon now has a wonderful wardrobe, cute blankets, and really cool books. These girls also chipped in on a group gift: crib bedding (sheet, quilt, bumper, and ruffle) in the most adorable car/truck pattern. I love these ladies! Two of them are leaving soon, so it was so nice to have one last little fling before we all parted ways.




Love you guys!

6 comments:

Lilit said...

How fun! It must be nice to have group like that!!!!
Do the Ririe's have a blog?

Megan said...

Yay! I'm glad you have such awesome friends!

Robin said...

Gee, how positively nice was that?! You have some really wonderful friends, Chrissie!! P.S. Last night Paige and I were at a baby shower as well.

Katie said...

How fun... I would have loved to be there! I'm so glad they did that for you!

Lisa and Mark said...

always makes you feel special when people go out of the way for you. ps- are you still moving here? do you need to find a dr?

Kathleen said...

What a fun surprise! And sounds like they got you the perfect gifts, too. Simon will be stylin'! We all already know he will be brilliant--look who his parents are :)