First of all, it's been a while since I updated this thing--sorry. Sevak started his internship in San Francisco so we've been staying with my parents this past week (and will continue to stay here for a couple more weeks). I guess I've been too busy eating and lounging around to get much of anything posted.
Second of all, Happy Belated Father's Day, dads! I have the best father ever. He's smart and savvy--he's always seemed to know just about everything. He's also always been very interested in his daughters' lives. He has many "sweet skills." I love you, Daddy!
Rose also has the best dad ever. I mean, the guy willingly changed a poopy diaper ON Father's Day--if I were him, I would have milked the day for all it's worth and demanded exemption from such duties. Besides diaper changing, though, Sevak has always been loving, patient, and involved with Rose. He's going to be a great dad to his little boy, too. I love you, hun!
I mustn't forget to mention my wonderful fathers-in-law. They immediately welcomed me into the family and have always been sweet and supportive. I'm lucky to have so many wonderful men in my life!
Anyway...here are a couple of updates on things we've been doing:
Sevak has been commuting to San Francisco for his internship with Credit Suisse. He wakes up at 4:00 every morning so he can catch the BART in order to get there by 6:00. He gets home at about 6:30 every night (usually right in time to put Rose to bed). He has been enjoying his experience, despite the early mornings.
Rose and I have been chillin' with the grandparents and Aunt Paige. Her [Rose's] vocabulary continues to grow. She knows the parts of her face now, and she can identify just about every animal, even if she can't say its name. She loves cheese (tees) and crackers (kaka) and watching Baby Einstein (aintah). She also LOVES "bubbas," but sadly, our bubble-blowing sessions usually end in disappointment because she wants to hold the wand. This leads to a mess, which makes me frustrated. Sometimes I'm able to casually divert her attention while I put the bubbles away.
A couple days ago Sevak, Rose, and I went to the Oakland Zoo. I'll have to post some pictures when I find my camera (I'm crossing my fingers that it's in the car Sevak took to work today). Rose had a blast, though. She loves animals.
My sister Paige performed in a Showbiz performance a couple nights ago. She was, of course, the bomb. I'm amazed at her Broadway-worthy dancing and singing skills. I am, of course, a proud big sister.
Well, that's all I'll say for now, but I'll post some pics as soon as I find the camera!
3 comments:
Don't worry, I think my husband changed every one of Matt's diapers on Father's Day. He even did some dishes.
Thanks so much for filling us in with all that's been going on! That must be a nice change of pace to be in CA and enjoy being around your parents and sister again. Bet having them around makes the days go by faster and alleviates any anxiousness waiting for Sevak to get back each day from his internship. Rose's vocabulary continues to take off, doesn't it? She's so cute!! And congrats to Paige on an awesome performance! Can't wait to see the Oakland Zoo pictures!
So nice to have an update!! I actually navigated over to the blog here to leave a "Update update!!" comment. Beat me to it!
Post a Comment