Yesterday while I was sitting on the bench at the playground a little boy walked up and blurted out, "You have a big tummy!" Thank heavens I have a good excuse for that; otherwise I would have been embarrassed.
A few days prior a little girl also asked a rather intrusive question: "How old are you?" I just replied, "I'm in my twenties," to which she responded, "my mom is in her thirty-ones." I'm sure her mom would have appreciated the disclosure of that information, had she been there.
Kids are great.
4 comments:
Oh, the candor! Sometimes it's too much, although it can also be refreshing. A time it was definitely too much: a child made a comment about my mom's tummy being big, except there wasn't any sibling on the way. But my mom laughed about it then and laughs about it today. She's pretty much perfect in not taking offense. Love the "age-old" question that girl asked you. I like your answer. It would be nice if we could all forever truthfully answer, "In my twenties." :)
Your title made me think of one of my all-time favorite celebrities, Art Linkletter, who once had a show in the 60s with a little segment where kids would spill their guts and all kinds of family secrets! I/we should check out youtube if it has any of his brilliant stuff. It's on a par with old Candid Camera shows.
hahaha. love it.
Yeah, Mom--I chose the title to correspond with that show. I remember watching reruns of it on Nick-at-Nite or something. ;)
Post a Comment