I never posted about an incident I experienced a couple of weeks ago, but in the spirit of the aunt from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I will now let you in on my intimate medical issue. That's what people do to strengthen relationships, right?
Anyway, about a week after I had Simon, I started noticing that I wasn't recovering as rapidly as I had with Rose. Some things just weren't quite "right," and I suspected that I had some sort of infection. About two weeks postpartum I called my midwife and she said to come to the office. So, a couple of days later she checked me out, and what do you think she found? A sponge! INSIDE MY BODY! If you'll recall, I did not have a c-section. I guess the doctor who stitched me up put a sponge "up there" while he was performing the procedure, and he forgot to remove it. My midwife took it out, and I immediately felt like a new woman. Thankfully, I did not develop any infection, but I'm sure you can imagine what sorts of problems could arise from having a foreign object in your body for 2+ weeks.
So, friends, if you or someone you know ever has a baby, remember this tale. And now, since you know of my issue, we can all consider ourselves family. Opa!
9 comments:
I feel SO CLOSE to you right now.
Spanakopita!
Um, can you get some financial compensation for that?
Seriously?! What a relief to have that removed! Glad you were in tune with your body and that your midwife was able to save the day.
Can you spell M-A-L-P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E? ;)
I think I left the most relevant comment on this post.
NOT. But seriously...do I smell a lawsuit? I want to. Actually, I'm kidding, and that stuff is really messy and a pain. But I agree with Robin. This is a classic example of M-A-L-P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E.
Hey all you malpractice-pushers...apparently some lady at the hospital said it was not a case of malpractice, but she said we could try to talk to the doctor to see if he would waive some of his fee...
Sevak's taking care of the details--I'm too much of a wimp to want to turn this into any big thing. However, I won't complain about fee waivers.
I think it's funny that the lady says it's not malpractice but we'll waive your fees:). Doesn't that mean there was some real mishap there.
I'd be too big of a wimp too to push. I'm glad Sevak is there to be your advocate! Glad you got that out before an infection started too and that your midwife listened to you when you said you didn't feel right! The doctors/ midwives I've had usually write me off...
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ok, now you have me worried. i have had problem after problem after problem since having lucy, and they keep saying they want to do an ultrasound to check things out, but i'm too cheap. maybe i should do the ultrasound because now i'm paranoid i have a sponge!!!!
Post a Comment