Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Google of My Dreams is Not the "Google of My Dreams"

You know how people say, "it's the (blank) of my dreams" to indicate the coolness of the "(blank)?" Well, my dream version of Google is so much less efficient and complete than the real one. I'm talking about my "real" dream version--that is, something that was literally dreamt. Last night I had my third dream about this beloved search engine (indication of how Google-dependent our culture is), and for the third time, I was left very frustrated. I had to find some crucial information and Google just took forever to load! I eventually got four results, but they were all totally unrelated to my search topic. Guess my own store of knowledge is no match for Google.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

So would you qualify that recurring dream as a nightmare? Reading about it brought back memories of doing research for my thesis. It seems that I spent literally hours, hours, and hours fishing through everything EBSCO and JSTOR had to offer to find a relatively small selection of articles useful to my topic. I enjoyed reading the comparison of your Google dream to your mother's dream of forgetting her locker combination (in your above post comments). Guess most of us are often plagued by some sort of fear that we often live out in our sleep.

Swati said...

You are just so weird and cool at the same time. Cracker-upper.