Friday, December 11, 2009

Visualization Activity

Picture this.

Child A thinks it will be a fun activity to change her own diaper. Kind of cute, except that she has gone number two. Mom walks into room to see a naked child repeating "uh-oh" and pointing to a poopy diaper on the floor. Mom takes poopy child to bathroom, holding her out as if she's a piece of radioactive material. Mom turns on light with elbow and places child in tub. Mom turns water on and water freaks child out. Child tries to escape from tub and mom has to hold child down without getting poop on herself. Child eventually escapes from tub and runs into room. Mom has to "call it good" and hope that the antibacterial wipes she rubs over the child's wriggling body do the trick. Child B cries in the background throughout.

Now wasn't that fun?

7 comments:

Jenn said...

True motherhood moment. There'll be more--don't worry.

Chrissie said...

Haha, I thought so!

Swati said...

Wow. Whose kids are you talking about?

Megan said...

Bless your heart!

Dani said...

I HATE POOP!

Robin N said...

I guess what goes around, comes around because your dad seems to think that all three of you girls did that very thing at one time or another! hehe

Kathleen said...

Thursday night Symphany learned to undo and completely remove her pajamas. Sadly, she also learned the same day how to remove her diaper. There was a reason she wasn't falling asleep at bedtime! After cleaning her up and washing her bedding, she finally went to bed hours later. But after reading what you had to endure with this little incident, or should say accident, I'm very grateful that in our case there was no number two involved! Time will tell, time will tell, I'm sure we won't have it so good in the future.