Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Weather and Such

Today we played out in the snow with our friends Sarah and Jane. Afterwards we had some hot cocoa (although Rose didn't want to drink hers, interestingly enough). It was a great way to kick off the season.





Here are some other recent pics of Rose. In the first one she's helping me make paklava (baklava). She was actually very gentle with the delicate sheets of phyllo dough. She really likes to help me in the kitchen, whether it be washing dishes or mixing cookie dough. In the second picture she's wearing a Christmasy ensemble and sporting her signature furrowed brow.




Other things going on lately: Rose learned how to climb out of her crib and is thus sleeping on a mattress on her floor (made for a very "interesting" night last night). Simon is also sleeping very, very poorly. A girl from my ward let me borrow her book Twelve Hours' Sleep By Twelve Weeks Old, but I don't think I have the patience or energy to make it through the seven days that it will apparently take Simon to break his bad habits. I know it would probably be worth it in the long run. However, in a way I also don't really want to get him to sleep through the night because we will be in a completely different time zone soon and I don't want him to sleep through the entire day. We shall see.

Anyway, that is all. Bye for now!

P.S. (This is being added a few days after the post was originally written) I just realized that in the comments section of the last post, I mentioned how grateful I was for the confinement the crib offered. Talk about irony!

8 comments:

Haley said...

AAHHH!!! Rose's bundled up snow clothes are SO ADORABLE!!!

Robin N said...

Oh my gosh. . .Rose making paklava! Her great-great grandmother in heaven would definitely be smiling proudly on that! I totally loved all the snow pictures of the kids. Would you believe it's colder here in G.H. than in New York City?? And, did you hear it snowed in Danville yesterday? Global warming? Hmmmmph! I'm actually enjoying these temps.

Megan said...

Rose in the kitchen = total cuteness. Simon is precious too! When you say, "bye for now," it reminds me of what Grandma Ellery often says at the end of voicemails. Hehehe.

Chrissie said...

Megan, I was almost going to comment on the fact that Grandma Ellery says that in my post!

Robin N said...

I think your dad says "bye for now" as well. Maybe he'll deny that (not that there's anything wrong with saying, 'bye for now'!), but do you notice that, too?

Swati said...

I think Rose looks like a little Chrissie in the green dress picture.

LOVIN' IT.

Chrissie said...

Hmmm...can't say that I've noticed Daddy saying that, Mom. Maybe because Grandma Ellery's use of the phrase has eclipsed all other attempts.

Kathleen said...

I love Rose's gorgeous smile as she's helping you in the kitchen! What a pro she already is! And the pictures of her playing in the snow are great, too! That snow jacket looks so cute on her! And Simon! Simon should be on baby commercials! If he were my son, his cuteness would probably make up for any zombie-like state due to sleep deprivation. Bet his smiles melt away your sleepiness, at least sometimes anyway!