Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Last Post in America

Well, I'm tying up loose ends and finalizing things before we head to France tomorrow, so blogging was obviously on my list. It's been a while; sorry. I mentioned in a previous post how we had gone to the zoo. Well, those pictures are on another computer and I don't want to get them now, so sorry. However, I have some other cute pictures to add as their replacements. Behold Fairy Land:

Sevak and Simon at the entrance


Rose in the three little pigs' house


The puppet show that Rose sat through--it must have been magical, as the introduction promised!


Princess Rose


RIDES



Can you tell me why Rose wouldn't sit by herself on the slowest-moving, most boring carousel (she was too short for the real one), yet walked right up to the ferris wheel, which required one to sit in a locked cage that moved up and down and all around?



Waiting bravely in line



Calm and collected


Fairyland is kind of a cheesy little attraction in Oakland that was probably built in the 60's (and never updated), but Rose loved it. She got to wander through different storybook scenes, look at animals, and of course, go on rides. I definitely recommend this place for young toddlers (especially those who love princesses).


This is one of Simon in our hotel room. He's such a big boy! He's also a delightful counterbalance to Rose's rowdiness. I couldn't ask for a calmer, smilier, more polite baby!

Oh, and I almost forgot to add one thing. On our way back down to SoCal, our car (the one that we were borrowing from my parents) broke down! All the warning lights came on, and then gradually everything started dimming. Sevak pulled over into the right lane, and everything shut down. He slid off onto the shoulder, but we were awfully close to the freeway. The car shook every time a car passed. We called 911 and they sent a highway patrol guy to push us off a little farther. Our dad and uncle also drove to us to pick us up and take us home as AAA towed the car to the shop. Luckily we were only about an hour away from our destination (we had already driven about 4 or 5 hours). We had to wait in the car for awhile, and luckily the kids were pretty well-behaved. It was such a big blessing since we had already driven so long with them (and I HATE HATE HATE long rides with the kids--I always make Sevak drive the car to California while I fly with them). So anyway, that was a pretty scary incident to top off our little trip. I'm so grateful to my dad and uncle.

5 comments:

Robin N said...

That ferris wheel story will always crack me up...Rose's bravery to get on that ride by herself versus a rinky-dink carousel! Maybe I'll hit Fairyland next time I'm in the Bay Area (with Rose and Simon, of course!) Sort of reminds me of that wonderful Dutch Wonderland, on a much smaller scale and minus the Amish ambience.

Kathleen said...

All those pictures are fantastic. Rose is so cute! She's looking more and more grown up in every post it seems. Good thing Simon is so chill because I'm not sure he would permit a day's excursion in Fairy Land otherwise. It will be cool to see Simon develop his own interests and how much he'll let Rose run the show as the two of them grow and mature. He may have a thing or two to say once he can vocalize his opinion! Even though we're not even in the same state right now, I still feel like your stay in France is taking you away from me! We'll pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible on the flights and that you'll be warmly welcomed in Clermont-Ferrand. Bon voyage!

Fowler family said...

Good luck Chrissie and Sevak and have a wonderful time in France! Hopefully we'll see you guys again soon! -Fowlers

Swati said...

Ok, I really want to go to Fairy Land now. These are great pictures. I'll be checking the blog like a maniac for France pictures, once you get settled of course. Have a save trip beautiful family!

Julia and Aaron said...

Good luck on the plane! I can't wait to hear about your adventures across the Atlantic. Gosh, it is so exciting!! I'm a wee bit envious:).

Thanks for sharing the pictures!