Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today I...

Dropped Sevak off at school after lunch and went window-shopping along cobblestone paths

Saw two lesbians kissing

Inhaled too much second-hand smoke...I'm afraid this is going to be a daily occurrence.

Looked for towels and a cutting board, but decided they were too expensive. Guess we'll have to keep drying off with our clothes until we find a cheap store.

Gave directions to a native French person (he wanted to know where a frame store was, and it just happens to be right near our apartment). I'm becoming local!

Inquired about sim cards at a local post office so we can finally get our cellphone working

Ate a kebab sandwich

I haven't taken pictures of the area yet, except for this one taken our first day here:


They took the ferris wheel down a day or two after this was shot.

Stay tuned for more daily adventures.

7 comments:

Robin N said...

Be glad that you're not doing a Study Abroad in Japan or China. From what I hear, the second-hand smoke would be much worse there with the preponderance of smokers (or, at least, that's what "they" say!)

Isn't there a Walmart or Target-type of store there...to get the towels? What about Costco? Maybe Costco would be in Paris if it's in France? I would LOVE to know what French Costcos serve in their Food Court! Find that out for me, will ya?!

Robin N said...

I could've sworn that I remembered reading about Costco locations in France (in the Costco magazine) but guess I was wrong. They do have 5 or 6 locations in England, though..not that that'll help you get some nice towels close by!

Megan said...

Sister et al, I miss you like crazy!!!!! Your apt is cute though.

Julia and Aaron said...

Sorry about the smoke. I loved being abroad, but hated, hated, hated all the smoke I inhaled. I went to the doctor the other day and, because of a health concern I've developed recently, she told me it's really important to not be around smokers, which isn't too much of a problem here except the little boy who I babysit's father smokes pretty heavily. Why don't people get how bad it is for them? Sigh.

Hope you find some cheap towels and a cutting board!

allison said...

Oh my goodness, look at you!! This is so great...we miss you at exercise group but I'm so excited for you to be in FRANCE! (this is allison scoville by the way)

Kathleen said...

Bet Rose didn't want to climb into that particular ferris wheel by herself! Hope not, anyway. My first week in Luxembourg, just after being there for 2 full days, actually, I had a little meltdown and feared that I would develop lung cancer. But, you know, I think the Lord can intervene on some level to make your body stronger and healthier, especially when your stay is for a short while and He knows you can learn and do so much good in that small window of time.

Chrissie said...

Agreed, Kathleen and Julia! And Mom, we'll actually be going to England, so maybe I can stop at Costco there!