Friday, March 5, 2010

California Stuff

Well, it's been a little over a week since we've been back in the states, and we're finally back "home"--sort of. We're staying with Sevak's family in Utah while we wait for our sublessees to get out of our apartment. Luckily they are willing to move out earlier than our contract states--it should be sometime around the end of this month. Yesterday we took the last airplane ride that we'll take for a loooong time (I hope). It was actually just the kids and me because Sevak drove home a few days prior (by the way, we got a new Honda Odyssey), but it went surprisingly well. We got Rose her own seat and we sat in a row with the only empty seat on the plane (the stewardess told us). Hallelujah. About 30 minutes into the flight I discovered that I could put Simon in that empty seat, buckled and supported by blankets. He ended up falling asleep! The lady in front of us thought it was so cute that she asked if I wanted her to take a picture and email it to me. I said yes--I'll post it when it arrives.

We had a great time unwinding in California. It was a little tricky getting the kids adjusted to the time zone (especially Simon--I don't even think he ever "adjusted" to the French time zone...he's always slept pretty lousily), but I think they're just about there now. Rose is a great sleeper, I must say. I mean, she doesn't really sleep as late as I'd like, but she doesn't make a fuss if she gets woken up in the night. And she's used to sleeping in random places now.

Anyway, here are some pics from California:


These are some lost neighbor dogs that stayed in our yard until the neighbors came to get them. Rose wanted to give them her sea horse to play with--I think they liked it. She is so cute with animals.


My mom took us to the Grove. You can't see it now, but there was an awesome water fountain in back that sprayed water to the beat of the music.


When asked what variety of lotion she wanted from Bath & Body Works, Rose said, "pink one." My mom got her the "pink one" and a bottle of orange to boot. Later that day she had my mom put both varieties on her hands.


Rose enjoyed seeing all the dolls and doll accessories at the American Girl store. Those were my faves as a kid, too. We also saw some dolls getting their hair done at the salon--what little girl wouldn't love such a place?


Simon enjoyed himself amongst the dolls, too. He's used to it. Haha--while we were at my family's place, the poor little guy usually had a Barbie in his hand.

Rose's birthday is coming up, so we had a little celebration with the family. Here's a picture of her opening a present with a "papillon" dress (that's the only French word Rose will spontaneously say upon seeing its picture).



Here's a video of her getting a little freaked out by her candles. By the way, those are Swedish "princess cakes" from Ikea:

1 comment:

Swati said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE POSIE! This video is great. Chrissie you look great and squirmy little Simon is adorable. I love the look on Rose's face when Grandpa Craig blew out the candles. Hopefully you guys dug in and had a good party.