Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dîner chez nos amis

A couple of nights ago we had dinner at my friend Anabelle's house. Like me, Anabelle is working on her thesis, and, like me, she is a mother of two. We taught French together way back in the day, and we've also taken a couple of master's classes together (one of which was also attended by Simon and Sophie in utero). Needless to say, she has been quite the inspiration to me! At the dinner, Sevak and the kids and I also got to meet Levi and the kids, which was a real treat (especially, I think, for Rose--she and Eve got along so well). Oh, and why is the title of this post in French, you ask? Well, yes, Anabelle and I are both in the French Studies M.A. program, but Anabelle also happens to be French! She and Levi speak French to their beautiful daughters and it was so cute to hear little Eve speaking so perfectly the language that I continually struggle with! :) We had such a delightful time...I am grateful for our friendship. Unfortunately, I didn't get the most exceptional pictures, but here are a couple.


It's funny how they're kind of matching


(Imagine Simon admiring cute little Sophie off to the side)

2 comments:

Robin N said...

Tres jolie mademoiselles!! (Did I say that correctly?)

Julia and Aaron said...

It is fun to see pictures of Anabelle. Tell her hi for me! That would be really neat to hear Sophie speak French. I had such aspirations for my kids to do that too! Sigh...

Looks like you are having a really nice summer!