Friday, July 16, 2010

Recent Rose Quotes and a Few Little Notes on Simon

Upon learning that we were going to the Gene Autry museum, Rose told us, "No statues, no pictures...I wanna see amamals (animals)."

While playing in the kiddie pool, Rose exclaimed, "I'm a yittle guhl (girl)." That's kind of a funny realization in and of itself, but not more than one second later, out came another one: "I have a wedgie!"

While riding on my legs à la "Supergirl," Rose realized that "Mommy garbage truck; Rose trash." And what do you know...the lifting motion of my legs did resemble the manner in which a garbage truck lifts and dumps the trash into its bin.

After drinking a sip of Simon's bottle of formula, Rose grimaced and said, "I weally don't yike this so much," handed the bottle to her brother, and said, "eat this bottle, Simon."

Simon has been really cute lately, too. He learned how to go down the stairs backwards, but sometimes he forgets and tries to slide down head-first. I need to keep a close eye on him all the time! He also knows how to brush his hair. Whenever he sees a brush--even a doll brush--he'll run it through his luscious locks. He's still an eating machine--quite the opposite of his sister whose appetite is like that of a bird. They keep me super busy, but they're fun!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those are really cute quotes! I especially like what Rose said after trying Simon's bottle of formula. That would be cool to see a video of Simon doing his backward magic down the stairs!

Kathleen said...

I just read your last couple posts. I miss you guys. Rose is getting so big and it was making me laugh cause Lucy is doing all the same things: saying funny stuff, wearing those silly tutus from costco, having funny realizations about her body, saying amazing potty training lines in public. It is so funny to watch them grow up. I'm glad you guys made it on your move and the one relo cube truly is amazing...good work Sevak!