Sevak has been in Switzerland doing job training for a couple of weeks, and he'll be there a couple more. The kids and I are leaving California tomorrow, so here's a recap (finally) of some of the things we've done whilst here:
Gene Autry Museum
Rose riding a fake horse while trying to stay clothed in one of the pioneer dress-up skirts.
Simon was the only one courageous enough to star in a western film:
Griffith Park
Simon was also the only one courageous enough to ride a real pony. And boy, did he have fun!
LACMA (L.A. County Museum of Art)
Rose slept a lot of the time so Simon benefited the most from this cultural experience. His favorite genre is impressionism.
La Brea Tar Pits
We just walked around the perimeter, but were delighted to inhale the scent of tar and behold this wooly mammoth statue (oh, and as you can see, my sister Megan came from Arizona for a few days). California Adventure
It took Rose a little while to warm up to California Adventure, but she quite enjoyed Bug's Land. Here she is posing by the "papillon."
Poor little thing wanted to make herself tall enough to go on a ride.
Awww...they rode the carousel together. It was precious. Except for the bit of rivalry that occurred at the end.
Here's Simon wearing a bread bowl hat at lunch (I love eating at the Boudin Factory)
Here's Rose pretending to be a cat at lunch. It was also on this occasion that Rose exclaimed she wanted a "hamburger in a box" because she noticed that some nearby children were having that.
After California Adventure, we briefly stopped by Disneyland again. Paige thought we needed to do a "funny" picture, so here we are trying to figure out what funny is.
There's a special little baby station with special little toilets in Disneyland. This was the first non-"froggy potty" Rose wasn't afraid to use (and she actually went in it).
Goofy's house
NorCalWe went up here to drop Paige off at girls' camp and do a bit of house hunting. Looks like we'll be living in Moraga or Walnut Creek.
Here are some random pictures of us eating because well, we did a lot of that:




Other notable events for which I still need to acquire/download photos (or for which I have no photos): seeing my great childhood friends Swati, Aman, and Jaikarn; celebrating my grandma's birthday; visiting other family members; eating; eating; eating.
It's been great! I'm excited to call this place home in a month! So, California, "I'll be back" (spoken in the governator's accent).
5 comments:
Awww....sweet summertime memories. Loved every minute of them.
Simon makes such a great cowboy, so much so that I would recommend your whole family moving to Wyoming. Okay, okay, it's not California. And yes, it's just selfishness on my part, but I can wish, can't I? Such a great update with wonderful photos! Rose is so clever and creative! Her cat whiskers are quite admirable. Let me add that the three Nelson girls are gorgeous! I love the photo of you with your two sisters. Hope all goes well for Sevak in die Schweiz and for you in Utah.
I love you, Chrissie! Miss you immensely.
Miss you family! I love Simon's hair long, lets keep it.
These are wonderful and brought a tear to my eye. I LOVE you guys. We all have to get together again very soon!
Post a Comment