Rose also likes to vocalize her observations, and her favorite thing to talk about is smell. I cannot tell you how many times a day Rose blurts out, "I 'mell somethin'." *she literally just said it after I typed it* This can be particularly embarrassing/awkward when it's the first thing she says after someone walks onto the elevator, because she always expects me to acknowledge and tell her what the smell is. Usually when there are other people around I just try to say, "oh, cool."
Other recent phrases that have made me laugh:
Me: Hold your horses!
Rose: Rosie not have any horses.
Rose: I watchin' too much T.V. Turn this off.
(I really liked hearing that one)
Rose (to her 2.5-year-old, pacifier-sucking friend): Only babies suck binkies.
Rose (as I was wiping yellow highlighter "stripes" off her body): Don't wash me. I'm a Cheshire cat.
Rose (after she couldn't hear what I told her): What you talkin', Mommy?
Our little one-year-old is certainly amusing us lately, too. He claps on command and says "quack quack" and "woof woof." He is also just on the verge of walking.
Here are some recent photos:
2 comments:
You guys are such a good-looking family.
I love Rose's forthrightness in wanting to identify smells...even on an elevator. I mentioned this story to your grandma and she had a good laugh, reminding me also that NYC is one place that is FULL of smells both good and bad. How right she is...'specially those summertime subways! whew!
Post a Comment