Friday, August 20, 2010

NYC Photos

New York update: so far, so good. We've been to a total of five playgrounds/parks, one museum, and countless restaurants (I have not once turned on my oven--oops). I have walked TONS, so I figure I'm burning off any extra calories I'm consuming. Rose really enjoys pointing out all the dogs we see when we're cruising down the streets, and Simon adores pointing at the pigeons and other little birdies that cross our path. He bounces up and down on my back whenever he sees them. Here are a few photos:

Overlooking the East River (at the last minute I realized we needed to allow for Simon to be seen, hence the awkward pose).

A bunch of NYC playgrounds have water features, and Rose has loved taking off her clothes and running in every one.

Most of the playgrounds also have enclosed swing areas with toddler swings. A lot of them even have interesting car seat-type swings. I'm sure regular swings exist here, but I have yet to see one.

American Museum of Natural History. I wish we would have known that we could have gotten free admission with Sevak's employee card before we shelled out $35. Oh well.

On a bridge in Central Park (Rose was a little worn out after a day at the museum)

Madison Square Park

Drawing with chalk in Madison Square Park

Today we randomly walked by Sevak's building (well, one of them)

And last but not least, some photos of our apartment (I'm pretty sure it's the biggest place we've lived so far, not counting family's homes at which we've stayed):







I didn't get a picture of the second bedroom because Simon was sleeping in it. Anyway, it's big. So come and pay us a visit if you're in the area!

4 comments:

Robin N said...

Would sooooooooooooo love to be there!

Julia and Aaron said...

Oh, Chrissie! Your life is one really big adventure! How cool to spend sometime in NYC! I've never been.

The apartment looks beautiful. How long will you be there? And then you'll move to CA and settle there, right?

Megan said...

Great pics!! Looks like y'all are having fun. I miss you :( xoxoxo

Laura said...

Really like your apartment. That blue wall is great!