You know how you usually clear things out before you move? Well, we did that, but as I'm trying to find places for stuff in our new home, I realize that I really don't care to be lugging some of these things around for the rest of my life. I went through a lot of my old school memorabilia and decided to let some of it go. However, I took pictures before I dumped it so it could be digitally stored. Am I a bad person for throwing out a model of a cell I made in the ninth grade?
I mean, I got a 20/20 on it.
What about this "Coaches Award" from track? I can throw it out since my coach didn't even spell my name correctly, right?

What about the loads of notebooks that are completely empty except for one or two seat-gripping pages of an aspiring author's novel?

Sadly, the title page is all that exists of this one. It's too bad. The title was really captivating.
I have the hardest time throwing out things that other people have given me. For example, this card that Paige sent me while I was at Girls' Camp:

It's really good advice.
This stuff is still sitting in the recycling bin, so if you think it really shouldn't be let go, speak now or forever hold your peace.
8 comments:
well apparently you don't care very much about your coach either if you refer to him as "couch". haha man i was definitely a wise child back then.
My thoughts...keep Paige's card if it's still in the recycling bin. That's definitely the most precious thing of the bunch....and I did really, really like the other things, too! (You know me...I can't throw out anything that has 1/100th value of any sentimentality.)
P.S. You should still finish the "Four Square Nightmare." That would make a great children's story...I'm not kidding.
Haha...Paige, are you taking after your sister, or what? Fixed it!
Keep Paige's card!!!!!!!!!! (and maybe the pog and 4-square story)
Paige's "Cap" remarks were pretty precious. I don't remember the "4 Square Nightmare" but the possibilities are endless. This is a great title and, I think, very unique subject matter.
The 4 Square nightmare sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Love the fact that you are so frugal and clean, it especially makes real easy to move. Especially when we can fit all of our belongings in a single small pod, even with two kids in the family.
P.S. that Chrissie comment was from me(Sevak) obviously but the computer was logged on as you.
I KEPT MY CELL FROM NINTH GRADE TOO! This is way too late, clearly. We could have been cell twins and shared mitochondrial memories!
Nice going Christine!
Post a Comment