Monday, September 20, 2010
Mutation
While reading a bedtime story last night, we came upon some pictures of what one can be when one grows up. We asked Rose what she wants to be when she's older and she responded, "a dog." I can't blame her for the confusion; it was a Richard Scarry book and all of the characters were animals. Just a moment ago, she came up to me and told me she wants to be a pony when she grows up (she's watching My Little Pony). I decided to break the news to her that humans can't change into animals, but she got really upset, so I changed my stance and told her that she can be a pony after all when she grows up. Hopefully by that time she'll forget and won't hold me to that promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm a huge proponent of lying to small children to get out of these kinds of predicaments. My parents did it all the time, and I do it with my little cousins all the time, and hey...we're normal. (...)
Seriously though, I think it'll help develop her imagination later in life, and will give her a sense of humor about stuff.
Well, Rose's aunt wanted to be a lion when she was three years old, why WOULDN'T Rose want to be a pony?! (That pony remark was exceedingly cute!)
PS I agree with Swati's remark...sometimes it's A-OK to do this sort of lying with little kids. They'll forget about it in 5 years anyway!
Post a Comment