Friday, October 15, 2010

Medical Report

Now that we're finally settled and on a new insurance plan, I'm getting all our medical appointments up to date. Simon recently had his year appointment, at which we discovered that he's in an average weight percentile, but only in the second percentile for height. Oh my precious little buddy! Sevak was a little worried, but Simon's small stature just makes me love him even more. :)

I had a dental appointment the other day, at which I learned that I have a cavity. Big surprise. I ALWAYS have cavities, despite my relatively good oral hygiene habits! I have heard dentists say that I have deep grooves in my teeth, and indeed, this dentist confirmed it the other day: I have "groovy" teeth. I don't think she was aware of the psychedelic connotation of that adjective, but I thought it was pretty far out, man.

I also had an eye appointment. You might have caught a glimpse of my lopsided frames in this post, but since then even the other arm had broken off (thanks, kids). Then the glasses finally got lost (don't know if that was the kids or me). So anyway, long story short, I was long overdue for a replacement pair. What I thought would be a routine exam turned into a fainting incident, making it the fourth fainting incident of my life. The doctor dilated my eyes, which might have had some biological effect on my nerves, but I think a great deal of it was psychological. He had just touched my eyes with an instrument and the very thought of something on my eyeball made me a little light-headed. It all turned out okay in the end, and now I have new glasses (which I am trying to protect as best as possible from the wee ones).

Now I need to get Sevak and the kids in for a dental appointment, and we should finally be up-to-date!

No comments: