Thursday, October 14, 2010

Les Sous-Chefs


Yesterday we received a package of aprons from "Grandma J!" We had chosen the fabric before leaving Utah a few months ago (intending to embark on a sewing project together), but the sewing machines were broken and we had to go so she just made them all herself! Isn't that sweet? Even Simon got a little denim apron...so cute! Rose couldn't be more thrilled, either, because lately she ALWAYS wants to help me in the kitchen. Today she asked me to read her a cupcake cookbook that I checked out from the library. I kept explaining that there really wasn't anything interesting to say, but if I even stopped for a minute to analyze the photos she would point to the words and angrily yell, "talk about this!" So she learned all about how to get the batter into the liners without any drips. One day she'll be a gourmet chef. Either that or a zoologist. Notice how she already turned her apron pocket into a dinosaur holster?

No comments: