The other day Rose called me into the kitchen saying, “Look! An Eiffel tower!” Lately she has been recalling cute little facts (like the existence of an Eiffel tower) and bringing them into our everyday conversation. Sometimes she makes really clever remarks that make me think, “wow…you know about that?”
Her play is completely imaginative these days. I love catching her holding her little animals and making them “talk” in a high-pitched voice. She likes to “decorate” herself with my jewelry and hair accessories, and Simon likes to imitate. Poor little buddy.
What was I supposed to do? He kept throwing a tantrum when I refused to put this stuff on him.
Today we had playgroup at our house and Simon sat there and stared a lot of the time. I could see the wheels turning in his mind as those boys rushed around with trucks, cars, and sports equipment. I knew he was just thinking, “so that’s what boys do.”
Another one of our playgroup activities was making and eating "pigs in blankets." This activity was sponsored by Grandma Robin, who sent Grandpa Craig up with crescent rolls and Lil' Smokies.
Fun times!



8 comments:
haha. This makes me a little glad my first is a boy. He will not be insisting on hair bows (I hope).
Thanks for posting the photos, Chrissie. You know how much I wait for those!! I think you should seriously consider putting Paige in a little French language class for children. She'd be such a cute...and capable...French speaker. She's got "papillon" down...let's see what else she can say!
Mom- do you mean Rose? Is Paige reading this comment? Haha.
So adorable! Andrew loved the pigs in a blanket and told me all about them. Thanks again for helping them have such a fun time
So cute that Rose is following in her mommy's francophile ways :) Also, I'm sure Simon will grow out of the hair/jewelry phase . . . but he looks adorable in it anyway! haha
Yes, Sevak, I erred again on the Rose/Paige mix-up of names! I don't know how that one slipped by me.
Chrissie! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I, too, haven't been the best at blogging lately. Sometimes, I count myself lucky to have one post a month, but I try to at least do that!
I love the picture of Simon all dressed up. I think the first kid has such an effect on the second. Before Lilly got into all the "girly" stuff, she was pretty good at playing spiderman and running around with swords. She still loves those things but now leans a little more toward "do my make-up and buy me a princess gown." Keep that picture! I bet in a few years, Simon wont admit that was him:).
Love that Rose remembers all that stuff from France. What an experience you guys have given her!
Also, I forgot to mention what gorgeous eyes little Rose has! What a beauty!
Post a Comment