Deborah and I had the privilege of learning how to play the kora from a real-life griot. Mme Thompson assumed that since we were fiddlers, we were somehow inclined to do well with string instruments (she assumed correctly in regards to Deborah).
Pain de singe: "monkey bread." This is the fruit of the famous baobab tree.
I can't even remember where this was taken, but pretty awesome, right?
I think this was a little grandson of Aminata Sow Fall, the famous Senegalese author.
Haha! Believe me, this place was nothing like its American counterpart.
Pretty sweet airport. This was in Casamance, the southern, jungle-y region of Senegal. I believe it was also in this same airport that we were given free Fantas because of a flight delay.
Those kids knew how to dance.
No other guy could wear a child so well.
In a pirogue. How I miss those wet and wild water trips.
Getting my copy of L'aventure ambigüe signed by Cheikh Hamidou Kane himself!










3 comments:
Oh, these pictures are so neat, Chrissie! Thanks for sharing with us! What amazing adventures you have been on:).
Makes me nostalgic for foreign adventures too. Very cool. But what an adventure it is to be a mom, right, I guess?:)
i really like this.
Chrissie, that last photo of you is one of my all-time favorites. Very pretty indeed!!!
Post a Comment