Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Official

I'm crazy.


The other day Rose was at a playgroup so I took Simon to Burger King. After I ordered, the cashier (whose name was Beatriz, as the receipt indicates) asked me for my name.  I guess "Chrissie" sounds a heck of a lot like "Crazy."  At first I was a little embarrassed that she thought my name was Crazy, but then I had to stifle some laughter.  I'm crazy.

And then Simon refused to indulge my crown-wearing wishes.  Another blow.


P.S. My friend just told me she thinks her husband got food poisoning from Burger King.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Aw, rough day!

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

haha- love ya my crazy woman!

Kathleen said...

She wasn't anywhere close, in my opinion! And just because her name has a "z" doesn't mean yours does too.

Robin N said...

Oh my gosh...that's one for the books! I wonder if somewhere in this world a person actually has that name or nickname? It sounds almost gang-like! One question: when your food was ready, did she announce your name as "Crazy", or were you already at the counter?

Chrissie said...

Mom: I think the name she yelled was some kind of cross between "Crazy" and "Chrissie." She had a Spanish accent, so that might have contributed to her pronunciation issues.

Swati said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Swati said...

My mom says she knew that you were crazy a long time ago.