Last Friday the kids and I went to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek. I had gotten free tickets through a library program. The museum is a small place, but the kids had fun looking at the rescued animals, many of which were birds of prey. There was also a feisty squirrel that gave us some good laughs.
The next night we had family come into town from Utah. We spent Sunday going to church and chillin', and then on Monday we headed to Muir Woods. The surrounding towns are cute and pretty, and the woods themselves are beautiful.
The trees made even Papa D look short, but here he is getting a grip on one of the bridge-like branches
That ugly thing is a burl, and a means by which the trees regenerate themselves. Scattering seeds is not the only way they reproduce!
Here is an area outside of the forest where those wishing to exercise their first amendment rights may do so freely. You can tell by the sign on the building in the background how important the park administrators deem this area to be.
The next day, yesterday, we went to San Francisco. Here are Simon and I on the tram boat to Alcatraz.
Things started out okay, but then both kids started having a meltdown during the prison audio tour. I tried to inconspicuously give them crackers (because no food was allowed), but they had a fight over who got to hold the bag and things just got messy.
I took them out and we fed our illegal crackers to the birds. That seemed to entertain them.
After Alcatraz we went to Pier 39 and ate at Boudin Bakery.
Then we saw the noisy sea lions. Rose really chuckled when one sea lion knocked another off the dock.
Then we saw more pigeons, and I noticed that many were missing toes! What is going on? The pour souls.
That was pretty much our day in San Francisco. We also picked up Sevak from work and drove around Chinatown a little bit.
It was great to have family in town and visit some places I've never been before! What a fun start to our week. Thanks, guys!




No comments:
Post a Comment