He has a tremendous ability to identify airplanes flying overhead. Somehow I never pick up on their sounds...I just count them as background noise and tune them out. Simon, however, immediately picks up on the slightest rumbles that occur every now and then and points up while saying, "ah-pin."
He loves to draw and watch me draw. The other day he filled up a pad of paper with his pen scribbles. He recently discovered that I can draw animals and trains (and airplanes), so sometimes he brings me a pad of paper and a pen so he can watch me draw. He also likes the magnadoodle a lot.
He loves kissing. Whenever I say "ouch"--even if it's kind of subconsciously uttered when I bump into a chair--he comes over and gives air kisses. Sometimes he gives kisses just for the heck of it, too. Rose is usually a good sport about this, but the other day she got fed up and said, "I don't need kisses, Simon!" I told her he was just trying to be nice, so a little while later when he tried to kiss her again, she said in a sweet sing-song voice, "yeah; I do need kisses, Simon!"
He also likes holding Rose's hand. Sometimes she gets a little fed up with this, too. I think he slows her down. :) It melts my heart, though, when those two little cuties hold hands.
He is a milkaholic. Wondering how he says "milk?" "Cuckie." I'm not sure why he chose that word when he definitely knows how to make the "m" sound. We give the kids sippy cups of water when they go to bed, but for some reason I started giving Simon milk. Now he gets really mad when I try to give him water. It's hard for me to quit because the milk will get him to go down really easily. When I ask him if he's ready for a nap, he'll say, "cuckie?" If I say yes, he'll agree to take a nap. He sure knows how to bargain!
Speaking of which, the other day Rose told us she wanted a dog and immediately followed it with, "I will take care of it." These kids know how to back up their arguments!
No comments:
Post a Comment