Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Miscellaneous Photos

On Sunday we all happened to be wearing shades of blue, so we took a few photos. The lovely dress that Rose is wearing is a birthday gift from my parents.


I love her cheesy photo expressions lately.  Get a load of the next one:


We asked Rose if she could take a photo of us, but she had a great amount of difficulty managing that one.  Here's a self-snapped photo:


Lately Rose and Simon have been superb playmates.  I absolutely cannot imagine life without two kids.  I am so, so grateful that they are close in age and have developed such a good relationship.  They can entertain each other for a fair amount of time now, and that has provided me with some sweet moments of repose!  The other day I walked by their room and Simon was lying in Rose's bed...she was asking him if he wanted "boy medicine" or "girl medicine"--her own little version of playing doctor, I guess.  And recently I found her babying him (and him complying!):


I don't know what it is, but something magical has definitely occurred in their relationship: she has even allowed him to sleep in her room (he has been in the guest room for the past few months).  They have done well the past two nights, and it is sweet to see them in their two little beds.

In other news, we had playgroup the other day.  Seven boys, one girl (you can tell by Rose's choice of outfit that she was really resisting the masculinity).  She had loads of fun, though.  We all did!


And finally, a couple of photos from yesterday.  Simon wore his bunny mask for a great portion of the day:

Evidently, he thought his rock was more interesting than the mask he was wearing.  I disagree.

Then Rose got a little jealous and blocked Simon out of the picture.

3 comments:

Robin N said...

Rose's expressions remind me a little of her Aunt Megan at that age! hehe Such cute photos...thank goodness for the world of blogs...and devoted bloggers like you, Chrissie! <3

Robin N said...

Hey Chrissie,
Just testing this out with my new profile name....it's just temporary so I can comment on a school blog this week!

Megan said...

Hi Robin/Mrs. Nelson and Chrissie! I love Rose's blue dress. She looks like Cinderella! And Simon is adorable in his mask. Both of them are such dolls :)