Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Half Marathon

For a while now Sevak has had a goal to run the Boston Marathon. He used to hate running, but he decided to turn his weakness into a strength, which is totally admirable. When we were in France, he made a good friend who also happens to be an awesome runner. This friend now lives in his native Brazil, but he has been emailing Sevak customized weekly training schedules. All throughout Sevak's running I carried on with my own zumba/body pump/aerobics thing because I lost my passion for running about seven years ago. Well, our friend from church began organizing a Danville 1/2 marathon, and I thought it would be a fun and convenient opportunity to give running another try. I also thought it would be a good way to bond with Sevak. :) I really don't like running on my own, so for the past few weeks I've continued with my traditional exercise routine and have joined Sevak on his long weekend runs. I ran with him a couple of times in Hawaii, too. I love running with a faster companion, because it really pushes me! We ran together for the majority of the race (except for Sevak's shin-splinty part [I was ahead] and his massive surge of speed at the end [I was behind]). Our times were 1:46:53 and 1:48:35. I felt exhausted and exhilarated.  I just might do something like this again...:)

This was taken right after crossing the finish line--I was too nauseous to stand for a picture until a good five minutes had passed.

Absolutely dying--but I passed the guy who was in front of me!

Our little cheerleaders

The whole fam

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

woohoo!

Kathleen said...

Outstanding accomplishment! And great times, especially for you without having trained extensively before the race. Congratulations to both of you!

Kristina said...

Awesome job! You guys are amazing (and so fast!). Congrats!

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

ahh- that's nice hun that you picked up running to bond with me :).