Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fun and Crazy Times

To start off, here are some pictures of the kids, guaranteed to satisfy your need for randomness:
 You know how Rose's pretend kitchen has become her own little special territory?  Well, here is Simon's "kitchen," literally in the kitchen.  He removes all the items from the cupboard and stacks them in a manner that is pleasing to him (notice that he also finished removing the pesky labels from my canned goods--a project he's been working on little by little).  After he clears the cupboard, he enters it and turns it into his own little territory.  You can't really tell from this pic, but he also pulled out the drawers above to make a sort of "roof."

Just holding a cat in Mommy's shoe while also wearing her shirt.  You know, the usual.

Any time is umbrella time.  And since we're pretending that there's bad weather inside, why don't we put some mittens--I mean socks--on our hands?  All the better to hold a Spider-Man football with.

Since we've told Rose she can't have a dog, she's turned her brother into one.  This is not an atypical scene, by the way.  Poor Simon.

So the kids are crazy, but lately I've felt a little crazy too.  Not put-underwear-on-my-head crazy (the latest craze here), but grumpy crazy.  I feel like I'm just a ticking time bomb.  There are probably a few contributing factors, but I'm pretty sure PMS has a lot to do with it.  Also, our routine has gotten a little stale and Danville-centric, so I made a goal to spice things up a bit this week.  Sevak and his parents are out of town, so I thought it was the perfect time for the kids and me to refresh.

Yesterday we had playgroup and we made homemade playdough (flour, oil, water, salt, food coloring). 


Then we went to the library, and later we joined some friends at Skipolini's in Walnut Creek for dinner.

Today the kids joined me at church while I taught zumba (don't remember if I blogged this, but I recently got licensed to teach).  Then we went to Orinda to get some smoothies/milkshakes (which were free, thanks to some coupons I earned on recyclebank.com).  The smoothie joint was right near one of my favorite playgrounds and the library (also one of my faves), so we walked to and played at both of those.  Later, at home, we made our own doll house out of objects from the recycling bin.  Heck to the yeah.

For a ghetto doll family. The fridge totally opens, by the way. And it has shelves.

I'm not quite sure what tomorrow has in store--maybe a trip to the Oakland Temple Visitors' Center and then IKEA?  Look at us living it up!

1 comment:

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

I thought we had the more fun in Utah- but this sounds better! That doll house looks pretty authentic.