Friday, November 11, 2011

Child #3

Since I gave some Rose and Simon updates in the last post, I might as well talk about how the little one inside of me is doing.  I've been feeling some flutters and movements from as early as 14 weeks (I am currently 18 weeks pregnant).  We'll have an ultrasound on the 16th, at which point we will find out the sex of the child.  I have a slight premonition as to what it may be, but really, your guess is probably as good as mine.

I've been feeling fine.  My nausea is pretty much a thing of the past, and has been for a few weeks.  I haven't been sleeping that well because I am subconsciously worried that I will roll onto my back and cut off blood circulation to the baby or me.  A couple of weeks ago I started waking up with tingly arms and legs, so the side sleeping has begun. 

I had a dentist appointment a short while ago, and it looks like I have another mild case of "pregnancy gingivitis" (I first encountered it during my pregnancy with Rose, here).  The ironic thing is that I had to listen to Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" while the hygienist initiated a bloodbath in my mouth.  "I keep bleedin', keep keep bleedin'..."

The other day Rose told me that she was "so excited for the baby to come," so that's great.  We've been reading library books about new siblings entering families, and I think they've gotten her excited.  Simon also seems to be pretty game for this.  According to him, he even has a baby in his own tummy.  Cutest thing ever.

2 comments:

Swati said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Kathleen said...

Didn't that mean ol' pregnancy gingivitis get the memo that he wasn't invited back? Sorry you've had to deal with that again.

Can't wait to find out tomorrow! (Yes, that is a request for you to post the same day you find out;)