Monday, February 27, 2012

Rant of a Disgruntled Pregnant Woman

You know what I'd love for everyone to know? This: No, I'm not having twins. And no, I'm not due "any day now"...I still have about 6 weeks to go. 

I used to think pregnant women reacted so melodramatically to the innocent comments they received from others, but I can't help but jump on the angry pregnant bandwagon. The big, fat, extra-large bandwagon.

People's individual comments don't particularly bug me...I know my size is actually right on target (even though everyone else seems to think that I'm going to give birth to an enormous whale of a baby). I'm just tired of responding to the same old comment over and over again. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty big...ha ha" (grinding teeth behind smile). "No, there's just one in there" (clenching fists). 

And one other thing: y'all don't need to make comments about my size to my husband, either. 'Cause then he'll laugh and recount all these comments to me, thinking it's the most hilarious thing ever. And then I'll roll my eyes and sigh and he'll try to give me a high-five to make it all better. And there's nothing I hate more than conciliatory high-fives.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I totally did a similar blog post when I was exactly as far along as you are. You are gorgeous. Sundays at church were the worst for me. I dreaded going every week bc of comments.

Can't wait to meet your little cutie!! I have already picked out too many cute outfits I want to buy for you.

Chrissie said...

You're the best, Kristina. :)

Swati said...

I think you look lovely! I also don't know too many other pregnant ladies who shrink back to their normal size like you do. Think of this as a fun adventure before you go back to normal.

PS. I also hate awkward high fives.

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

Sorry -