Simon the scientist
Rose the (silly) construction worker
This was probably the coolest playdough-like substance I've ever encountered. I think it's called "bubber." It doesn't feel moist at all, yet remains very pliable and moldable. It supposedly never dries out.
After the museum we explored downtown a bit and ate at a yummy pizza/salad joint:
Then we had to satisfy my sweet tooth. :) We walked quite a distance down the main stretch of road, because we could find no treat other than ice cream (not what I was craving). Luckily we stumbled upon a cute little coffee shop where we ordered some decadent (and pricey) pastries. It was worth it.
Toward the end of the trip we realized we didn't have any shots near the water, so here's one of me in which you can also get a load of my pregnant belly. This was one day short of 30 weeks:
At the midwife yesterday I learned that I'm only measuring two weeks larger than my due date...the gap is slowly closing! However, after looking at my food diary, she also recommended that I cut back on sugar. What? A dessert after every meal is not acceptable? This is proving to be difficult.





4 comments:
You look radiant as ever, Chrissie! I was thinking how once I made it past the first trimester with Symphany, sugar was the last thing on my mind. But then the memory of downing literally half a yellow bundt cake smothered in chocolate frosting--in one sitting (after a huge dinner)--came flooding in. Here's hoping during the last two months you can still have your cake and eat it, too. :P
we should get together soon! we have a friend here in our ward who is from iran (but armenian) and converted a couple years ago. i'm sure she'd love to talk to sevak!
Ooo that playdoh stuff looks awesome. I think it is called mood dough. I have been seeing it on a lot of blogs but I haven't made it yet.
We love that museum! We have not been to SF in forever and need to get on that!
I cannot believe you keep a food diary. Impressive. I would not do that because a doctor would die if they saw what I eat... let alone a midwife. Good luck holding back on the sugar. That is the only thing I want when I am pregnant- though I like huge cartons of ice cream!
Thanks for the comments, guys! Yes, sugar is a big pregnancy craving. And Kristina--I definitely don't keep the food diary on my own accord. Midwife's orders! ;)
Lisa--yes, we must get together! We would be really interested to meet your friend.
Post a Comment