And here's the birthday girl standing by the piñata I made:
Here are the cupcakes. I topped them with edible bird nests and eggs:
Here are some foam parrots/cockatoos I made and taped to the walls (guess which one Rose helped decorate):
There were a few of these bird cages hanging from the ceiling, too. I also made them out of craft foam:
Now on to the party! As people started arriving we had them put on smocks and we decorated some wooden bird houses:
Next, Mr. Razz--Rose's magical grandpa--put on an awesome magic show. He used to do this for me when I was a little girl, and he still has the magic touch! I am bummed that I don't have a pic of him performing (I was trying to clean up birdhouses and make chicken nuggets at the time), but I do have a video of his intro which is too long to post here. I think the kids' favorite trick was when he had them throw the colors off their clothes onto a blank coloring book, which then became colored. Here's a shot of some of the kids enjoying the show:
Then it was on to lunchtime. We had chicken nuggets and fries...because chicken is a bird, right?
And "pin the beak on the parrot:"
Then we played a fun and messy game where the kids had to dig a gummy worm out of whipped cream using only their "beaks:"
Next was the piñata! It turned out very well...everyone got a turn and it actually broke at the end:
Then we ate cupcakes and opened gifts:
Rose loved celebrating with her 7 little friends, and her 1 sweet little brother! We also took her out to get a haircut (her first real one), so I think it was a very good day for her.
I love my little four year-old!













5 comments:
Thanks a million for posting these photos...looks like you threw such a fun party! You definitely have some very sweet artistic skills, Chrissie!! I could never draw parrots like you do! Happy Birthday to sweet little Rose!! <3
Adorable!!! Love all the pics of Andrew. He's been talking about the magic show all weekend.
Thanks for including him!
You're such a great, creative, cute mama! I love you, sis! xoxo
You're such a great, creative, cute mama! I love you, sis! xoxo
I LOVE THIS FOUR YEAR OLD. Ok. I love Rose's hair. My hair looks similar, but hers is how I want mine! Maybe I'll print out a picture of this cutie and take it with me to the salon next time. I agree with Megar. Super creative mama, your cupcakes are amazing. Lovin' the whole creative bird thing here even though I'm terrified of parrots. Amazing mama.
Post a Comment