Monday, April 2, 2012

Artsy

Rose has always enjoyed drawing and coloring, but lately she's really gotten into it. It seems like she never tires of this activity. Here are a few works from her latest collection, "The Birds:"




My favorites series of hers is one is one I call "The Dreamers." Each drawing features a particular type of person dreaming of what s/he wants to be (represented by a thought bubble). Here are a couple of examples, with Rose's own descriptions:

"A boy dreaming he's a girl"

"A boy dreaming he's a baby"

"A dog dreaming he's a bear"

Rose has also tried her hand at photography. Here are a few self portraits she took with some photo booth app on my iPod. I didn't even know she knew how to use that app!




Simon also got in on the fun:


Rose used to not be very encouraging of her brother's art. In other words, she would tell him when his drawing bore absolutely no resemblance to what he said it was supposed to be. However, lately she has been very complimentary. I've heard her tell him that what he's doing "looks great." Also, the other day he gave a critique of his own drawing by disappointingly saying, "this doesn't look like a bird." Rose responded in a sing-songy voice: "oh sure it does!"

Oh, and here's another pic Rose took with my iPod camera. Her subject choice is no surprise:


Finally, here are a couple of shots of the kids dying eggs, an activity Sevak supervised while I was attending a friend's baby shower:



Speaking of babies, my own has obviously not come yet. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments: