I am thinking that in terms of postpartum wellness, the third time is definitely a charm. I feel like I have had so much help this time around, too. My mom was here before and after the birth, and Sevak's mom left this morning after being here for a couple of days. A friend from church has taken my kids, and people have started to bring meals (my mom and mom-in-law had us really well set in the food category while they were here). I also feel really well cared for by my midwives. They came to my home three times after the birth and I just went to see them today. They are very concerned with my well-being, and I'm going to be a little bit sad when I don't need to go see them anymore!
The kids have been so great. They love Jasmine and are always commenting on how cute she is, giving her kisses, patting her head, etc.
There seems to be no jealousy, even from Simon. He doesn't really need my attention because he has it from Rose. They are such tight little buddies. Lately they love taking goofy pictures:
They just crack me up.
Here's a little pic of Jasmine:
And here are just a couple beautiful shots that my fabulous photographer friend took (her site). She's letting me choose five to keep, so I'll post them when I get them. All of them are simply precious and I can't stop looking at them! I love my baby.
Oh, and here are a couple of random shots of a couple bouquets I've received. My house smells so good.
This past weekend we went on our first outing to an event at Blackhawk Plaza. It was my first time out of the house (other than to get mail), so I was just delighted. Then we ate at Baja Fresh and went grocery shopping.
Jasmine slept the whole time.
Today the kids and I went to two parks, the library, and my midwife appointment. It feels good to get back in the game.
So anyway, there's the update I felt compelled to type. Now I'm going to do a crossword. Or sleep. Maybe just sleep. :)










3 comments:
Oh my gosh what a precious little baby! Impressed with your mobility.
These pictures are what I call "killer precious." Heart melters. Light the candles of my soul cuteness. My favorite one of Jazzy is the feathery basket one. I could stare at that all day and just forwarded it to five people. Looks like Rose and Simon are doing great and entertaining each other. Glad you're back in the game. Nice job momma!
Chrissie, I can hear joy in every word in this post! I am so, so happy for you, and I can't tell you how much love I have for you and your precious family. (P.S. I love that Simon is wearing the sunglasses Aunt Megan gave him ;) ;) )
Post a Comment