Thursday, May 31, 2012

Smiley Girl

Lately Jasmine has started to get a little more alert and smiley. Here are a few cute shots. I took them with my iPod, so they're a little grainy. 

 Weird tongue action

 Flower power!



Sporting some cute bangles from Auntie Swati 

The kids adore her. One time Rose said, "I love babies! But I love Jasmine more than other babies!" She has also said, "I never want her to grow up or her hair to grow long because she's just so cute like this!" I have warned Rose not to smother her sister because she loves to hug her and get up in her face, so one time as she was giving Jasmine a hug she said, "I'm not smugglin' you." I actually never have to worry about leaving them together in the same room, though...her "smothering" is more of an uncomfortable thing for Jasmine; not a dangerous thing. Rose can also be pretty helpful at times. Today I was finishing up some task while Jasmine was crying. Rose ran over to her and patted her and talked to her...that actually made her stop crying for a few seconds! :) She can also put a binky in her mouth and that usually buys me a few seconds of silence while I'm finishing up whatever it is I'm doing. Simon likes to be helpful too, and often tells me, "I made sure Jasmine was safe" or "Jasmine is comfy in my lap." I think a lot of his interest in Jasmine has to do with Rose's interest. He loves to do whatever his big sis is doing. Here are a couple of pics from the other day when we were watching Ratatouille together as a family. 



2 comments:

Robin N said...

If I could bottle up and sell the great, peaceful feelings I have when holding a baby....especially little Jasmine who has fallen asleep in my arms twice...I could be a rich woman. Love it!!! <3

Swati said...

Robin, your thought is so beautiful. I'd buy some of that in a heartbeat. Precious photos, and I love how smiley Jasmine is. Few things as gratifying as a smiley baby.