Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paige's Graduation

A couple of weekends ago we drove down to L.A. for my little sister's high school graduation. I can't believe my baby is growing up! I definitely shed a tear or two during the graduation ceremony. I was nine years old when she was born, so she is, in a way, my "baby"...I used to carry her around a lot and people would always do a double-take, thinking I was holding a doll! :) Well, one thing's for sure: she is a doll! I am so proud of how she's blossomed into a beautiful, accomplished young woman. She's smart, she's funny, she's got a killer voice and acting skills, and she's just a really good kid. BYU-Idaho is lucky to get her. ;) 

Jasmine was such a good girl during Aunt Paige's graduation ceremony!

Nelson girls

During the rest of the weekend we had fun doing lots of things. The kids loved going in the backyard to pick fruit, as usual. They also loved watching Grandpa Craig catch squirrels in his special trap (my parents have a huge infestation of rascally squirrels in their yard).

By the kumquat tree

Not only did we enjoy some yummy figs, we picked some of the juiciest oranges I've ever tasted!

Random picture of Jasmine chillin' on the floor:


One day we went to Griffith Park and visited "Travel Town."

On a special little train ride

Paige and Daddy have matching shoes! Daddy looks rather conductor-ish in his blue & white striped shirt and cap.

We also went on a carousel and took pony rides!


On Saturday we had a wonderful family party where we celebrated not only Paige's graduation, but my cousin Brian's graduation. Check out this cute pic of Paige, Brian, and Blake:


Jasmine loved meeting her great grandmas:



And we discovered some of Sevak's and my wedding cake in the freezer (we were married six years ago). I think Sevak actually ate some of it:


Here are the kids before church on Sunday morning:


We headed out that afternoon and the kids were great on the ride home. They were great on the way up, too--even Jasmine! It was a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to see our fam again.

2 comments:

Swati said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of Paige, and this must have been such a proud and momentous event for your parents. I still remember the first few times I met Paige. We would be trying to do our homework or projects (Chrissie, I think we just did projects together so we could go to each others houses and goof around), and Paige would come in and be troublesome. And once you tried to spank her, and she just held her butt and wouldn't let go! How clever. I had no doubt she'd blossom into the beautiful woman she is. You girls look so lovely in your sisters pic.

Loved the photos of LA, wish I could have been there, but I'll take some snazzy ones in NYC and will certainly see you guys soon. Love you!

Kathleen said...

Paige made such a beautiful graduate! All the Nelson girls are gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to be with her and support her and your cousin for this momentous occasion. Good to hear that Rose, Simon, and Jasmine handled the car rides splendidly, too!