Last Friday Sevak got to take Rose on a father/daughter campout to Lake Chabot. Our ward (and our sister ward) put it on. Rose had been so excited about it for weeks. She kept talking about the "daughter and dada" campout and making s'mores. I was seriously hoping they would do s'mores because that was the main thing Rose was looking forward to. Sevak brought some supplies just in case--haha. I'll have to get some pics from Sevak's iPhone soon. The only one I have is this shot I snapped just before their departure...notice how Rose has her flashlight and stuffed doggy in hand. Two very important camping items.
Simon was a little emotional when Rose and Sevak were getting ready because he felt left out. He perked up, though, when Sevak gave him one of his Swiss army knife/flashlight contraptions and a pack of Oreos. That sweet little thing carried those items around with him all night. He kept saying, "I love Daddy because he gave me this flashlight and these Oreos." Anyway, we tried our best to make an indoor camping experience. First, Simon helped me prepare some foil packet dinners...
Oh yeah, Jasmine was there too. Hehe...cute little thing. Still too young for a father/daughter campout.
Then we made s'mores in the microwave...
Simon was in heaven (notice his pack of Oreos is also on the plate)
In the morning we made pancakes!
When Rose and Sevak got back, Simon was so excited...he missed them! Rose had a fabulous time, apparently. She kind of threw a fit when it was time to leave. :)
Lately I have been so worn out from refereeing Simon/Rose quarrels, so it was a delight to just spend some one-on-one time with Simon. I need to do this kind of thing more often because the kids can sometimes bring out the worst in each other (and me)!



3 comments:
Oh my goodness--you guys are so cute, I could melt!!! Love! :)
You have such a darling family. I had made some s'mores tonight with my FHE family and I thought of sweet little Rose. I miss you guys so much!
Is Simon wearing a Longhorns t-shirt? You guys are killin' me. This is hilarious. Where's my foil packet meal?
Rose is such a big girl now. It seems like she's going to be taller than us shawtys Chrissie. Also, and I've been meaning to say this, I think she's going to be an ethnic beauty. In fact all of your kids have mixed eastern qualities with their hair color contrasting with eye color. Very beautiful!
Post a Comment